What happened during the first quarter of 2017 on LocalBitcoins? LocalBitcoins constantly makes small improvements to the site, this blogpost is a collection of all the publicly visible changes we've done during the first quarter of 2017.
The most important and visible changes during the first quarter of 2017.
Jan-March Major improvements to the merchant invoice service.
- Improved security for invoices
- Full API support
- Callback URL's
- 0.5% fee of invoice amount
- February 14th Advertisement wallet balance requirements lowered from 0.4 BTC to 0.2 BTC for online advertisements.
- February 16th Trades can now be opened from buy Bitcoins online advertisements even when the seller does not have 0.2 BTC in the wallet.
- February 17th Coupon feature and ATM ad features are now disabled, existing coupons and atm ads are still active.
- February 17th Accounts will no longer be deleted
- March 6th Implemented a new Bitcoin transaction fee model. Customers can now only send out their full wallet balance minus the current outgoing transaction fee. The fee is now shown in advance of making the transaction and wallet balances will no longer become negative.
The complete list of changes Jan 1st to March 31st
- First of a batch of improvements to the OAuth2 login process; cleaned up the layout and removed links.
- Further OAuth2 login process improvements: Simplified two-factor authentication, more link removals and notification to user of 2FA requirement.
- It is now possible to cancel pending Phone verifications.
- New filters for the search form: SMS not required, ID not required.
- Invoices can be now paid straight from LocalBitcoins wallet by giving 2FA or password and pressing a button.
- Advertisement equations guide updated.
- More OAauth2 updates: Links removed from login guard and captcha pages.
- Displaying more info for the invoice owner. Small miscellaneous bug fixes to invoices.
- Better instructions for P2P identification trades.
- Improved helper text on oAuth authentication pages.
- SMS notification messages shortened to improve deliverability with certain language translations.
New payment methods added:
- French Lydia
- Indian PayTM
- API has new call, /api/real_name_verifiers/ , that fetches a list of users who have publicly verified the name of the user. This same functionality was removed from API calls that list your trades.
- Updated Terms of Service and guides, There is now a basic merchant tool guide available.
- In p2p identificated trades the buyer can mark the payment complete, even if the p2p identification phase isn't complete.
- Advertisement wallet visibility limit requirement now lowered from 0.4 BTC to 0.2 BTC.
- Buy Bitcoin online advertisements can be contacted even though the seller doesn't have 0.2 BTC in the wallet - the ads just don’t show up in the listings.
- Improved phone number validation for phone verification.
- Coupon creation feature and ATM ad creation features are now disabled, existing coupons and atm ads are untouched.
- Account deletion feature removed.
- Updated the FAQ and Introduction to trading Bitcoins online.
- Added tutorial videos to FAQ
- Updated ToS and FAQ, updated Data Retention Policy.
- API call /api/wallet-addr/ now requires only READ permissions.
- Image attachment file size limit is doubled, dimensions increased as well.
- Old wallet addresses are now truncated on the wallet page. Deposits to old addresses still work, customers are just not able to see the full address.
- API wallet calls have new fields that list receiving addresses in truncated form in order to prevent old address usage. API developers has been notified with mail.
- The green light next to user profiles names in listings now shows the median response time of trade chat messages instead of the last seen online time.
- Implemented a new Bitcoin transaction fee model. Customers can now only send out their full wallet balance minus the current outgoing transaction fee. The fee is now shown in advance of making the transaction and wallet balances will no longer become negative.
- Fixed a rare bug where some advertisements for non-native currencies were not showing up in their country of origin.
- Timestamps for all API calls are now displayed the same.
- Updated FAQ and fees page for new fee model and general corrections.
- The location search box in the search form is replaced with a country dropdown when searching for online payment methods. If cash is selected as a payment method the country dropdown is changed to the traditional google location search box.
- Invoice wallet address is fetchable via the API.
- SEPA payment method added for the following locations: Gibraltar, San Marino, Jersey, Guernsey, and Isle of Man.
- Advertisement forms now use 8 digits in bitcoin amount. Some rare rounding errors may still persist.
- Updated wording on the dashboard.
- Updated the how to buy and how to sell guide.
- API now has a call to mark trade partner as P2P identified.
- Fixed a bug where first purchase time on users public profile showed start time of first trade. Now it shows the trade release time of first completed trade.
- Last seen on status added to user profile and trade chat pages.